Now I know that besadmin works "out of the box", and nearly all my sites
have BB Pro on them Ill just use then in future.
My main problem in the past was exactly as you say, that the inherited denys
on the store kept preventing what I was trying to do. I rather use a
seperate account than muck about with the default permissions on the mail
store if im honest.

Thanks for all the replies, for what must seem to be a dumb question ;)

Gavin.