You have a WINS server up and running?

From: Jonathan Link [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 8:57 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: DNS problem

@ Jon Harris:

Yes, I've looked at the DNS Server, it's our SBS server.  It has two nics,
one of which is on our main subnet the other one is to a dedicated storage
subnet.

@ Clayton Doige:

Hosts file is empty, previous admin put a lot of crap in it, I cleaned it
out long ago, besides if it were a hosts file problem, flushingdns wouldn't
do anything.  I suppose I could add the entry to the host file like it was
before.  Maybe he had this problem and could only solve it this way?

@Mike Semons

Looks like there a re a lot of dead entries in the reverse lookup zones.  I
removed the one that matched the IP address for the server, but it did not
have the same name for the server.

Take a closer look at log entries, I have a number of DNS errors, Eventids
4015, and 4004 which point to problems with AD integration, correct?

Thanks,

Jonathan