Thanks for the response I have the 4.91.2 client installed, and I am
using Dameware to remote to the machine. I was advised that I can reset
the logon colors by using TweakUI. I have not yet tried that, but will
in a few minutes if I can find a version to load on server 2003.

From: Tom Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 15:01 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: OT - I need a Novell person, about a Windows 2003 server
with Novel client

What version of the Novell client?  What components do you have
installed?  Are you looking at the server via a KVM interface or direct
monitor/keyboard/mouse connection?

Usually with Novell client issues the first thing I try is to uninstall
the client, reboot, reinstall.  Use the current version.  If you are
already using the current version, try down a level.

>>> "Steve Kelsay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 9/8/2008 1:58 PM >>>
I have a problem on a Windows 2003 server with the Novell Client
installed. The login displayed by the client (nwgina.dll) has the fields
showing as black on black, but after logging in successfully, if I try
to re-log in using the Red "N" in the taskbar, I get the normal colors,
so the windows settings are apparently in effect after the log on.

I have not been successful finding where the field colors are being
drawn from. This only started about two months ago, and the registry
settings for default Dos colors do not affect it, nor the windows
appearance property box settings. Google has been no help. I am not sure
if this is a windows setting, or a Novell setting, or even a default
user setting, although I can't see how to change the default user
setting anyway.

Are there any Novell client ideas running around? It is on a windows
box, so it is not totally off track.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
copies of the original message.