I use a verbose naming scheme, which a lot of people hate, but I love...

DLs go with

     ZwwExDL-GroupName - WorldWide groups, which only contain DLs
     ZauExDL-GroupName - two letter country code groups, which may
contain other DLs or names
     ZukExDL-GroupName
     ZusEXDL-GroupName

Permissions go with something like this:

     ZauServerShareDirectoryPath-[RO|RW] - read-only or read-write
permissions on a share/directory, never more than two directories
deeper than the share.

          or

     ZusServerFunctionalGroupName - for SQL or other application
servers which might need embedded permissions.

Mind you - since we're still new to AD, and working in a converted NT4
environment, I haven't completed all of this, but that's where I'm
headed.

The Z is to sort the groups to the bottom of the lists, the two-letter
country codes are obvious, as I hope the rest of it is too.

Kurt