I feel your pain....I had a problem in my campus labs with HP printers
randomly printing multiple copies of print jobs - basically would continue
until the printer was unplugged or ran out of paper.  The job would show up
on the server normally, but...  No pattern as to what app would cause it or
time of day or location or ....I finally gave up and replaced them w/Dell
printers.  The remaining still usable HP's just aren't networked anymore.

--
Organization and good planning are just crutches for people that can't
handle stress and caffeine. - unknown