Perhaps.
My main problem is that generally this list is quite open about alternative
technologies to solving a particular problem, even though it's officially an
nt system administrators list.  Many of us here are working with varied and
mixed environments, some by choice and some by fiat or inheritence.
I have trouble when that same open attitude can't be extended to Apple.
Does Apple have control issues?  Sure, but then so does Microsoft.  So does
IBM, HP, Dell, any vendor wants to exercise as much control over their
product as possible.  Apple just happens to be a bit more successful in
exercising that control to fulfill their vision.  If you happen to disagree
with that vision, that's fine, too, but my feeling is that this list
generally doesn't discount any company regardless of their vision if they're
capable of providing the right tool for a given application.  I try and use
the best tool for the job.  To wit, I bought a Macbook Pro as my last
notebook, because I wanted to play some games on it, and I wanted to do some
video editing work with video's we've collected of our daughter since she
was born.  I spec'ed out similar systems from HP, Dell, and Apple
(obviously).  All were about comparable in price for what I wanted to do,
but the Apple won because it had great easy to use video editing software
and, I could run Windows in Bootcamp.  I run Bootcamp 75% of the time, and a
lot of the time I'm on the OS X side, I'm running my Bootcamp partition
through Fusion.