I have been tasked with finding the maximum capacity of drives that we can
put in some PowerEdge 6800's that we are going to be re-using.  Right now I
have 146GB U320 drives in them.  I'm imagining that I should be able to get
300GB U320's from Dell, but I'm looking to be able to save some money on
this.

Since the carrier for the Dell drives is really just a bezel as the drives
have an 80 pin SCA connection, should I be able to get away with using any
80 pin SCA U320 drive?  Or is their some proprietary firmware in the Dell
drives that would prevent me from doing that?

Thanks in advance!

Joe Fox
Systems/Network Administrator

Mobile# (716) 846-9308