Big time user of refurbished Dells here and I have used virtually every
vendor of drive in PE 6800's with no issue. Obviously YMMV.

Cheers.

From: Jim Dandy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 11:04 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Hard Drives for Dell Servers

I know someone who has ordered non-Dell drives and they have gotten
corrupted - not immediately but after a period of time.  Dell told him
you have to use Dell drives.  Dell used to sell the sled separately from
the drive but apparently you have to buy them together now because of
this problem.  I can't say this is absolutely true but he believes it
is.

Curt Finley