On 30 Sep 2008 at 14:27, Kurt Buff  wrote:

> +1 for NoScript.
>
> I also add in Ad Block Plus.
>
> After those two, I only have an issue with the crappiest of web sites,
> and I'll turn to IE for those.

+1 for both, and also for CustomizeGoogle, which I use to disable all kinds of
google tracking, and to hide adverts in GMail and elsewhere.

If you're truly paranoid (e.g. you don't want your ISP tracking you), use
TorButton in Firefox to surf hidden from your ISP.  You can disable TorButton
when you're doing innocuous things like reading google news, and turn it on for
other things.  It slows you down but privacy has a price.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona