Agreed [if you want a messy mixture of the Vista and Grub boot loaders].

I needed a clean, easily *modifiable* system; I would have preferred to
use the free Grub approach but could not integrate all the operating
systems I required.  Acronis OS Selector achieved that.

I said that Vista was forthright, not particular.

forth·right [adj.]

1. Direct and without evasion; straightforward.
2. Proceeding straight ahead.

i.e. Vista and XP, to a lesser extent, do not allow the efficient
management of partitions as one is able to do in Grub and Acronis.

Moral of the story: Whatever floats your boat.