Correct it only loads on Windows 200x but I have not done a 2008 install
yet.  I am waiting for the replacement to do a 2008 install.  It also needs
either SQL Express or SQL 200x.  It was designed for 2000 but works on 2005
if done correctly.  I don't have any idea on a SQL 2008(?) install.  I know
you have to watch the install and there are a few gotcha's for a SQL 2005
install.  Most of the gotcha's are mute if you have SQL up and running PRIOR
to putting in SharePoint 3 SP 1.  If you try doing them both at the same
time you can get burned.

Jon