I can't stand Vista either, I it is obvious that you must downgrade to XP!
But then I remember I was one of those people who was gutted when File
Manager was replaced with Windows Explorer for Windows 95. I had a shortcut
to winfile on my desktop until I realised that viewing all your drives in a
single window was actually a good idea :-)  And that "Start Menu", I even
kept Program Manager going for a brief period of resistance....