No you cannot.. Vista only installs into c:\Windows. Even if you install it
once, and then try to reinstall it again to get it to another dir, it just
renames the first directory and installs into c:\windows again.

From: Tim Vander Kooi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 12:33 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Going back to XP?

I'm not sure what you are even talking about with point 2. You can install
Vista to any directory that you choose. Not to mention that the Vista
install is MUCH better than XP's has ever dreamed of being. Vista's install
is Windows directory aware and will archive your old Windows directory (or
whatever you called it) to Windows.old and then install to a new install
directory resulting in a completely new OS install with no lost data
(profiles,etc). That was a HUGE pain with XP (actually it still is :-P).

TVK