IT folks are notorious for not liking meetings.

Our department is nine members - we've split the staff into the
business systems team and the infrastructure team. We have a Wednesday
departmental meeting, which the IT Director has managed to pare down
to approximately 1/2 hour. That meeting covers news of the business as
a whole, plus anything that is going on in the department that might
impact others. No set agenda.

I have also instituted, as the newly christened Supervisor for the IF
team (promoted in October, yea for me), a regular Friday afternoon
meeting (13:00) for me and my three charges. It is slated to last a
full hour, but is often over before that. However, I plan on
introducing instruction and demos at this meeting - I'll be requiring
each member to come up with a topic, in rotation. I figure it'll be
good for them, and I might learn something too.

Kurt