In the properties of your internal network/Firewall Client settings. You must
have hard coded the IP address there instead of the DNS name.

[cid:image001.png@01C94599.CE02C290]

From: Sean Rector [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:58 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Old Firewall IP still ghosting around network

Both state the new firewall's IP.

Sean Rector, MCSE

From: Steve Moffat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of NTSysAdmin
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:49 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues

DHCP options? WPAD.DAT file?

From: Sean Rector [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:26 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Old Firewall IP still ghosting around network

I changed the IP address of my firewall (ISA 2006) last year, and have been
moving people from the Local Admin group to the Local Users group.  When I do
that, even though I have the Firewall Client configured properly, including
updating IE, the users' IE sessions still look to the old IP address.  I've
verified that all my settings in DNS & Group Policy point to the new IP, so I'm
wondering where I should look next.  Ideas?

Sean Rector, MCSE

Information Technology Manager
Virginia Opera Association

E-Mail:         [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Phone:        (757) 213-4548 (direct line)
{*}

<<inline: image001.png>>