No wins server in the local environment.

Regarding "Kerb lifetime of the remote", there are two "remotes" in play

1. The remote domain.  But the remote domain is not authenticating my VPN
session with the remote network.

2. The remote ISA server that is authenticating my VPN session.

The problem is that VPN session credentials are being applied to my local
servers.  So from which platform exactly would you want to see klist
information?  The ISA server, the remote domain DC, or my local Vista?  I've
not installed Win2003 RK tools on my local Vista machine.

I will say this, everything involving Kerberos is operating at
Microsoft-installed defaults.  I would not play with such things, and yes, I
know the remote well enough to say they did not play with such things.

The title of KB 180362 is "services and redirected drives".  It seems to
care more about redirected drives and drive letters, but my problem is not
specific to drive letter mappings - if a drive mapped to \\server\share
<file:///\\server\share>  is failing, a UNC reference to \\server\share
<file:///\\server\share>  is also failing.

Meanwhile, I've been actively working with the VPN connected for the last 3
hours and haven't lost any drives mapped to FQDN's   I know that any result
of less than 24 hours experience is inconclusive, so I'm going to wait until
at least Monday p.m. to declare success or failure.

Carl