On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Alex Carroll <acarr...@crabco.net> wrote:
> I have a request from my CEO to audit everything that happens on our
> network.  When users open files, when they change files, delete files, use
> any programs, go to any websites (we use ie7, firefox), etc etc etc.  Do any
> of you have a good solution you can recommend for that?  I can google all I
> want, but I won't know the real world experience by doing that.  We are a
> smaller company – 16 users.  Right now we have 3 servers (1 SBS 03, 2 that
> are 2003) in production.  We use XP and Vista.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Alex Carroll
>
> Software Support
>
> Crabtree Companies, Inc.
>
> 651-688-2727

There is almost certainly no single package that will do what your CEO
wants. The tasks are too diverse.

And, given the size of your company, not only will it cost a lot of
money to implement. That's because, even if you use all free software,
which isn't very likely, it will take a lot of time to figure the
software out. Ask your CEO if he's willing to hire at least one, and
possibly two or even more people to sort through the data and act on
it.

Kurt