Every year about this time I have to archive off data to media such as DVD
or CD and every year I run into problems because some of my users create
files that have names as long as a sentence or they are so far buried in a
folder structure that file copies fail, I cannot burn the files to CD, etc.
And every year after losing more of my hair I inform the users on the
restrictions of the NTFS file system and the importance on keeping names
short and sweet.  Either they don't listen or don't care because I keep
running into this problem.  Is there anyway to enforce a limit (Windows
Server 2000 and 2003) on the length of file names?

Thanks,

Eric