On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Dallas Burnworth
<dallas.burnwo...@zones.com> wrote:
> ... RDX that comes in an external USB form factor and an internal SATA form
> factor.

  Assuming the internal SATA variant, is there much difference between
one of these and just buying a removable disk kit?  HP wants $710 for
a 500 GB cartridge.  TigerDirect will sell me a 1 TB SATA HD for $100.
 I can get the CRU DataPort 10 carriers for around $50 each, and the
receiving bay is $100.  They're all-metal construction and fairly
rugged; the receiving bay includes a cooling fan.  I can get a basic
SATA controller that allows hot-swap for < $100.  So $200 one-time and
then $150 for 1 TB, vs $1420 for 1 TB.

  At least, that's the theory.  I've never tried SATA hot swap with Windows....

-- Ben