The sage continues...

They benchmark and test with UDP-only, but with that is that the
problem is with *TCP* traffic.  They refused to even acknowledge
anything until I showed it to someone *in person*.  Until then it was,
"theoretically, that's not possible".  My response, "I don't care
about the theory behind it. It doesn't work, and your tests are not
comparing apples-to-apples."

They are back to theorizing in their lab.

The issues I see it definitely seems to be duplex-related.  I recently
brought a Linksys 10/100 switch from home to the office to test with.
This switch, unlike the D-Link, has Duplex indicator lights.

With the Linksys desktop switch daisy-chained to my PC, the uplink
port is not showing a full duplex connection. And my throughput tests
show speeds as bad and worse than when daisy-chained through the
phone.

But if you remember, the D-Link desktop switch had throughput *twice*
as fast as when connected directly to the core switch. WTH?

Notes: The vendor is STS Telcom, in Pembroke Pines, FL. They, like
many vendors around here, have poor customer service that exudes lots
of attitude. I'll give them this, that they do have (1) good customer
service tech rep (Amer Khan). Even the NOC Manager is horrible, and
tried to blow off the issue with lies followed by backpedaling.

I can see why many companies down here try to hire or contract
out-of-state. I had heard many horror stories before-hand, and so far
all of them are true.

--
ME2