Hi all, for the past few years we have used Watchguard Firewalls quite
happily, but over the past few months the machines seem to be getting
more problematic, and the problems mount with each successive firmware
release.

Some of the key functions that we require, over and above being a good
firewall of course are below, and I am hoping you can share your
opinions on what are the best and worst devices to get the job done?

Features:

*         SSL VPN (needless to say really)

*         The ability to log in to an https page on the firewall: we
have set the watchguard up so that it will not open ports until a user
first logs in to the firewall via an https page

*         The ability to authenticate against active directory in the
above scenario: we have a separate forest set up strictly for this
purpose (allows the same firewall login across all of our sites this
way)

*         The ability to report web traffic usage on a user by user
basis, as opposed to machine IP Address

*         Some sort of web content filtering, both by type of file, and
classic content types, such as gambling etc

Many thanks in advance for any and all feedback

Clayton Doige

IT Project Manager

CME Development Corporation

T: 020 7430 5355

M: 07949 255062

E:clayton.do...@cme-net.com <mailto:clayton.do...@cme-net.com>

W:www.cetv-net.com <http://www.cetv-net.com>

This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information
intended for the exclusive use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may
contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution
of this message or its contents may be subject to legal restriction or
sanction. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by electronic mail and delete the original message and any
attachments without retaining any copies.