From: Doige, Clayton [mailto:clayton.do...@cme-net.com]
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 10:36 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Firewall Recommendations

Hi all, for the past few years we have used Watchguard Firewalls quite
happily, but over the past few months the machines seem to be getting
more problematic, and the problems mount with each successive firmware
release.

Some of the key functions that we require, over and above being a good
firewall of course are below, and I am hoping you can share your
opinions on what are the best and worst devices to get the job done?

Features:

*         SSL VPN (needless to say really)

*         The ability to log in to an https page on the firewall: we
have set the watchguard up so that it will not open ports until a user
first logs in to the firewall via an https page

*         The ability to authenticate against active directory in the
above scenario: we have a separate forest set up strictly for this
purpose (allows the same firewall login across all of our sites this
way)

*         The ability to report web traffic usage on a user by user
basis, as opposed to machine IP Address

*         Some sort of web content filtering, both by type of file, and
classic content types, such as gambling etc

Many thanks in advance for any and all feedback

Clayton Doige

IT Project Manager

CME Development Corporation

T: 020 7430 5355

M: 07949 255062

E:clayton.do...@cme-net.com

W:www.cetv-net.com

This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information
intended for the exclusive use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed
and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged,
confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution of this message or its
contents may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
electronic mail and delete the original message and any attachments
without retaining any copies.

> 2008-2009 Season:  Tosca | The Barber of Seville
> Recently Announced:  Virginia Opera's 35th Anniversary Season 2009-2010
Visit us online at www.vaopera.org or call 1.866.OPERA.VA

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the
intended recipient(s). Unless otherwise specified, persons unnamed as
recipients may not read, distribute, copy or alter this e-mail. Any views or
opinions expressed in this e-mail belong to the author and may not necessarily
represent those of Virginia Opera. Although precautions have been taken to
ensure no viruses are present, Virginia Opera cannot accept responsibility for
any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this e-mail or attachments.