Yeah, I am kind of curious as well.  Do you have dual power supplies?
Can you still boot?  Iirc, the 1850 do have dual power supplies.

From: Christopher Bodnar [mailto:christopher_bod...@glic.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 4:00 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Odd Dell PowerEdge issue

I was under the impression that the server is down and won't power up,
but I'm not sure by how you have this worded. Can you please clarify
this? Some have replied that you should install OpenManage, but if the
server is down, that is not an option. Don't suppose you have another
1850 in house that you could swap the power supply with to verify if
it's the culprit? If the server is down, and you have no support and no
spare parts, you have very limited options.

Chris Bodnar, MCSE
Sr. Systems Engineer
Distributed Systems Service Delivery - Intel Services
Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
Email: christopher_bod...@glic.com
Phone: 610-807-6459