I consider myself to be somewhat of a WAN guru at this point.
I did have several remote sites hooking to the main site via Citrix
for a long time. We just got used to the complaints, and the users got
used to citrix.
What I've done in the last 12 months though is I moved most of the
sites off citrix by using a set of Riverbed Wan Optimizers, and just a
little more bandwidth. Our remote sites couldn't be happier. Every
situation is different, but I would bet you wouldn't need too much
more bandwidth and a set of Riverbeds and you could pull them off TS
all together.

If you want to stay in TS, the riverbeds will allow you to prioritize
traffic so RDP can have top priority, and the remaining things will
have more bandwidth due to compression, and magic. You can also use it
to kill things like the wan users playing on things like youtube or
streaming music which will kill your RDP users.

Good luck
Jon