Hi all,

  We are running Netbackup as our backup solution. We know that for performing
our backups desktops and laptops should have any kind of hibernation should be
disable.

  Apparently some power options are only changed individually for each user and
don't affect the overall machine. I'm logging on as local admin and I'm
wondering how I could disable once for all users any possible hibernation, hard
drive turning off or something similar.

  I found this URL:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistadesktopui/thread/04ff23cc-1046-48a4-b56a-20eade03c776/

  at the end of the web page you can find they suggest to go to the group
policies:

  computer configuration -> Administrative templates -> System -> Power
Management.

  However my local Windows XP machine (not part of any Windows domain) lacks of
the Power Management entry.

  Am I missing something here?

  Thanks,

  Miguel