From: Mike Gill [mailto:lis...@canbyfoursquare.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:11 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: nslookup and ping disagree

I have an odd problem with a Windows Vista client (2008 domain) that
can't resolve a website properly. Pinging the site from other
machines on the same network and outside of the network shows the
website at the correct address. Running nslookup on the problem
machine and any other machine on the network shows the correct
address. But pinging the site, or browsing to the website on the
problem machine shows the old address switched away from months ago.
I've tried flushing the DNS, cleaning browser caches, creating new
user profiles, etc. I've tried enabling only the DC as the name
server with no secondary, then reflushing... I can't find where the
old IP is being resolved from. When the site was first moved, we had
this problem with just the wireless clients (which this is) but it
cleared itself out in a couple days before I had a chance to really
look into it. It appears there is one machine left still that can't
get it right. ipconfig shows the same info as any other workstation
wired or wireless. Any suggestions?