Is it limited to 10 for non MS services?  I would assume file-sharing
would be cripple beyond 10 connections, but what about a Anti-Virus
server that listens on a port, and feeds out virus defs to clients?

________________________________

From: Roger Wright [mailto:rwri...@evatone.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 12:45 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: XP Pro as a Server?

For Windows XP Professional, the maximum number of other computers that
are permitted to simultaneously connect over the network is ten. This
limit includes all transports and resource sharing protocols combined.
For Windows XP Home Edition, the maximum number of other computers that
are permitted to simultaneously connect over the network is five. This
limit is the number of simultaneous sessions from other computers the
system is permitted to host. This limit does not apply to the use of
administrative tools that attach from a remote computer.

Roger Wright

Network Administrator

Evatone, Inc.

727.572.7076  x388