From: Phil Brutsche [mailto:p...@optimumdata.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 2:03 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: XP Pro as a Server?

Cons:
 * XP provides the security nightmare IIS 5, not IIS 6
 * Many applications have prerequisites that will not function under XP:
SQL Server for one (SQL Server Express isn't always an option)
 * Some vendors do not support running their software under XP
 * That annoying 10 connection limit

IMO the only pro to running XP instead of 2003 is licensing costs.

Most server hardware will run XP, and most desktop hardware will run
2003. In my experience XP and 2003 are pretty compatible in the driver
category.

--

Phil Brutsche
p...@optimumdata.com