From: Joseph L. Casale [mailto:jcas...@activenetwerx.com]
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 1:09 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Shadow copy question

Yup,
Shadow Copies are the greatest thing, too bad the implementation is a
steaming pile of merde. I have no end of issues with VSS, even though
the store is directed off to a new controller and set of spindles, it
seems when IO climbs to any moderate level, VSS tanks and kills all the
old snaps, even when it's not performing a snap!

Why it needs to tank all the _old_ snaps I have no idea. I hate it...

On my file servers with it enabled, it seems that large IO is met with
pauses and disconnects regardless if a snap is being performed or not.

jlc