On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Matthew W. Ross
<mr...@ephrataschools.org> wrote:
> How do you deal with laptop users and their files, especially when it comes
> to backups?

  It really depends on how often they come on to the LAN.

  I'm lucky enough to have most of our laptop users working in the
office at least a few times a month.  So roaming profiles do most of
what we need.  This is supplemented with CSC (Offline Files) in some
cases.  We've been lucky enough not to have significant trouble with
CSC so far.  Knock on wood.

  We've got three people who work in the field and rarely touch the
LAN.  These people carry responsibility for backing up their own
stuff.  I consider this a suboptimal solution, but it was judged the
only thing practical for our situation at the time.  Each user was
equipped with an external USB-attach hard drive and a batch file which
uses ROBOCOPY to sync their stuff to said HD.

-- Ben