On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Vue, Za <z...@emory.edu> wrote:
> I do not want a laptop infected with Trojans and worms plugging back into
> my AD after weeks or months outside the LAN.

  All of our laptops are still strongly managed.  No user admin
rights, daily updates for anti-virus and Windows Update.  WSUS even
typically sees their status through the VPN.  They're not *too*
dissimilar from our non-mobile desktops.

  Nothing corporate IT doesn't control gets connected to our corporate
network.  We're responsible if it breaks, after all.

  The only exception to the laptop rule is the one guy who can't
connect his laptop to our corporate network anyway (export control
reasons).  His laptop is fully his problem.  That I got in writing.
:)  All corporate IT does is forward his mail for him.

  I see you're an .edu; that's an entirely different ball of wax.

-- Ben