From: John Aldrich [mailto:jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:05 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: DFS issues

We just recently switched from using Synctoy for keeping our two servers
(DC/File Server combos) synchronized to using DFS. I just started having some
issues after it's been in place for a couple weeks... the "public" file share
(really mostly a public file dump) started being read-only to people for some
reason. I checked our primary server (in my office) and the permissions and
everything we correct. Then today, after it happened again on someone else, I
got a wild hair and checked our other server and it had the permission set to
"read only" for the "public" share.

Anyone ever seen anything like this happen before? Is it just coincidence that
about two weeks after we implement DFS the file share goes "read only"???

Any ideas how to keep it from happening in the future?

[John-Aldrich][Tile-Tools]

<<inline: image001.jpg>>

<<inline: image002.jpg>>