What about Exchange 2k3 will it have to be modified to point authenication to
the new one or will it survive with the other two that are still up???
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kennedy, Jim
  To: NT System Admin Issues
  Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:03 PM
  Subject: RE: Replacing Win2k3 DC

  Here is how to find them:

  http://www.petri.co.il/determining_fsmo_role_holders.htm

  To replace a DC.bring the new one up with a new name. Move the rolls you need
to off the old one either to the new one or to the other DC's. You do that with
the GUI tool that is listed in the chart at the link above.

  DCPromo the old DC to remove the DC role. That makes it a member server. Go
have coffee to let it all shake out and replicate then remove that DC (now a
member server) from the domain.