Forwarded to my former CFO who now sells GP. J

John-AldrichTile-Tools

From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:19 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Any one using Great Plains?

Hi Everyone,

We are moving to MS Dynamics Great Plains, version 10.  We go live in a few
months.  What I see is that the Great Plains client is slooooow on remote
desktops and via the Terminal Servers.  The client goes non-responsive for a
minute, then finally the user can log on, select the company, and go about
his business.

Once in the client performance, while not blazing, is acceptable.  Closing
the client is pretty quick.

The terminal servers are loaded with memory and CPUs and there is barely a
performance change when the GP client loads.  On the GP SQL 2005 server,
same thing.  I've been looking at performance stats all day and except for
the occasional CPU spike, nothing is going on.

I'm guessing the is a SQL issue?  Any suggestions?  I have other SQL 2005
apps on other servers and don't see this sort of slow client issue.

Thanks,

Tom Miller
Engineer, Information Technology
Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board
757-788-0528

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is for
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.