From: Holstrom, Don [mailto:dholst...@nbm.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:14 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: USE OF MAC COMPUTERS IN WINDOWS ENVIRONMENT

The machines aren't any better, but it appears the graphics users like Macs
more. When a Mac fails, they don't flinch, just look for me patiently. I have
five Mac desktops and three Mac laptops here at the Museum. About eight or 10
have Macs at home too. For the in-house users, I give them an extra monitor and
run Parallels with Microsoft Office (Outlook) running, as all the other apps
don't have all that Outlook offers. And I run Exchange here. One likes to use
OWA, but the rest like to use Office for Outlook. A year or so ago I used Macs
with two monitors at home as well as at the office to see the difference. The
Macs are sweet, but I just like PC's better, even withstanding the half or
third better pricing.