put your switches in there, making sure not to block the lights with the
cables, nice light show with the link activity lights.

And if you have to, setup a box with multiple multiple-port nics ( like the
adaptec 4 port ethernet adapter ) assigning each their own IP, and then
create a batch or script that will pseudo-randomly light the link activity
lights via PING or short copy commands.  Maybe force a couple to 10mb,
normally a different link light color ...

and for dog and pony shows, if you've got drive cabinets in the racks, setup
a box with a batch/script/command file that just copies and deletes files
from a sandbox folder, to make the drive lights continuosly flicker nice <g>
you could even remotely trigger the copy/delete sequence from another
machine right before they do the 'show and tell' and kill it when they leave

Erik Goldoff

IT  Consultant

Systems, Networks, & Security

  _____