We are having an issue with SCCM 2007 SP1.  We are running it in a test
environment to get it up and running until we put it on a production box
in the near future.  Here is the problem we are having:

I was able to get Vista Sp1 working fine with Configuration Manager 2007
Sp1. I am able to build and capture an image perfectly fine and
advertise and install software for it. But when it comes to Windows XP
Sp3, when trying to Build and Capture WIM for XP, Configuration Manager
is able to install XP and the program assigned from Task Sequence's
options. When the process is occurring and Configuration Manager is
trying to capture the Image, once the progress bar shows that Sysprep is
installing, it gives an error ( XP failed with error 0x00000002).

I have looked around and it seems there are ways for workarounds for it,
but nothing official from Microsoft as where if updates were to come
out, I don't know the extend or consequences of changing anything in
particular, etc.

Also, known problem with the drivers for HDD, for some reason it
wouldn't take SATA AHCI Controller. Instead, it just accepts ATA. I
don't know exactly how much advantage once will get with the advance
features between AHCI and ATA, but from what I have read, it has been
mixed responses from people over the internet and those that are
Microsoft Certified that provide help in certain forums.

So, for me in order to have gotten XP to be able to be installed from
SCCM 2007, I had to change from AHCI to ATA in BIOS, then it went with
no problem. But, Dell 755 and 760 have this default option, and is it
something we should care or just go ATA, while better solutions comes
out?

So, besides this two problems , I think that this is working well, just
that its time consuming.

Has anyone run into this issue before?  Any help is greatly
appreciated!!