On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Joe Heaton <jhea...@etp.ca.gov> wrote:
> Very true, Ben.  I haven't used Remote Assistance, but I know that
> Remote Desktop into a client machine kicks the user off, right?  Not
> real useful if I'm trying to see from their vantage point.

  Right, Remote Assistance doesn't kick the user off.  The user gets a
little floating control panel bar with buttons to disconnect, yield
control to remote, etc.  The remote operator can look but not touch
until the user clicks the appropriate button.  Invitations can go via
email.  It will work over a VPN without special outside connectivity
(that's how we use it), i.e., no third-party server involved.

  I don't know if/how/how-well it will traverse a firewall or NAT, though.

-- Ben