From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:08 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Best way to set share permissions?

Brain cramp here.......

I have a top level share called "Data", under which my various
departments have their folders.   I provide perms to the sub-folders
based on AD Groups.

I have the logon script set to map a drive to server\data.  I don't mind
that anyone can see all the folders under "data", but I want to be sure
only the user with access to data\folder1 cannot open files under
data\folder2.

I'm new to file and print under Windows (2008), please pardon my
ignorance.

Tom

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
copies of the original message.