Thanks for the advice.  I've been looking for some best practices documents but
can't find any.  Even my various AD DS/Windows 2008 books don't do justice to
the complexity of this.

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Tom Miller <tmil...@hnncsb.org> wrote:
> - set share perms to "change, read" for authenticated users and admins have
> full control

  FWIW and FYI, it's generally considered a best practice to set share
permissions to Everybody/Full Control, and manage permissions using
NTFS.

Setting only admins to have "Full Control" isn't too bad, but if you
ever end up in the situation where you need to grant a sub-group of
people Full Control on a sub-branch (e.g., so a department can manage
their own folder's permissions), you'll have to remember to change
this in the future.

-- Ben

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.