From: Miller Bonnie L. [mailto:mille...@mukilteo.wednet.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:57 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Access Based Enumeration on WS08

First off, I apologize if this has been covered recently as I haven't had time
to read any list mail for over two weeks.  I went on vacation for a week, and
while I was gone, this happened to one of our schools:

http://www.komonews.com/news/44411737.html

http://www.komonews.com/news/44500317.html

There were four servers in the building.  If you don't have your DR plans
updated, I highly recommend reviewing them.

On to the question-

In Windows Server 2008, is there a way to enable Access based enumeration by
default on all file shares?  I can't seem to find it.  I know how to do so for
individual shares via share and storage management, but I'm looking for
something that will either turn it on by default or act like the checkbox on
2003 that allowed you to reset all shares to the same as the one you are
working with.

Thanks,
Bonnie