From: Brian Desmond [mailto:br...@briandesmond.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:51 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Amusing

Almost.

SIS is per database. So if you had those 3,000 users in one mailbox
store then it's roughly only 9MB stored, however if you had them say in
3 mailbox databases, then it's roughly 27MB and so forth.

Note that SIS is gone in Exchange Server 2010.

Also take into account cached mode which is Outlook 2003 and newer
behavior (unless you turn it off) which would mitigate your scenario of
450 users opening the attachment. Even then so, it shouldn't take down a
server.

Thanks,

Brian Desmond

br...@briandesmond.com