If I'm wrong, I welcome an informed source to say so and reveal the complete
and unfiltered decision process for why a working feature with positive
benefits to many was removed.  Not that that would ever happen of course,
because an informed source would be prevented from airing anything with
negative public relations consequences.  In short we'll never know the full
story.

As for "don't buy the product if you don't like it", that kind of thinking
on the part of a vendor results in fewer customers.

Probably they're thinking/hoping that those more impacted - small(er)
businesses - will migrate to Exchange cloud services hosted by datacenters
where the cost is reduced.  I'm still suspicious of the whole cloud thing as
a new way of life, particularly when the connection to the cloud is lost or
the cloud has an unexpected PEBKAC moment.  Remember Google going offline
the other day?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/164946/google_outage_lesson_dont_get_stuck_in
_a_cloud.html

Carl