I just deployed Servers Alive with the remote connector. On a LAN I wouldn't
use anything else to be honest. On a WAN I was searching for something good
for awhile and finally they made a wan connector which has been running well
for me now.

From: paul chinnery [mailto:pdw1...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 1:50 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: server monitoring

I've been tasked to look into acquiring a software package that monitors
servers.  I only need to run it on 6 servers, at this time.
It should be able to monitor various services and running apps. (The issue
was prompted because the print spooler on one of our application servers
stopped.  This caused a doctor's orders to our Rehab Dept to not print out.
He was not amused.)
Right now I'm trying our Event Sentry but it's a bit clunky and hard to
configure. (Perhaps trying to do too much.)
I'm also looking at Solar Winds product and GFI's product.

  _____

HotmailR has ever-growing storage! Don't worry about storage limits. Check
it out.
<http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Storage?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutori
al_Storage_062009>