I'm looking for a new smartphone/pda and I remember some discussions on
here recently so I figure I can get some good opinions.

I missed an important event last night so I need something to carry with
me that can sync with my outlook calendar.

I'm in a contract with Verizon for another 18 months, just got a plain
ole dumb phone and so I'm going to have to buy on fleabay or some other
second source to get a decent price.

I've been looking at the Samsung Omnia, but the support guy at our local
store said they had seen lots of returns of those.

I've found a few negative comments online re this one but most are
positive.

Anyone here have experience with this one, good or bad.

Any other recommendations for a phone that works with VZ?

Don't want a keyboard, like the BB or the slider on the HTC 6700 or
6800.  Touch screen is fine.

Music playback with Bluetooth is a plus as well as memory expansion.  I
don't like the fact that the Omnia doesn't have a standard 3.5mm
earphone jack but I can live with that omission.

Thanks guys and gals.