That's the story on our end as well. I was wondering if he really was
aiming for 10 ports, and didn't need FC, etc...

-sc

From: Mayo, Bill [mailto:bem...@pittcountync.gov]
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 8:41 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Kinda OT: ESX with only two nics

I can only speak about the specifics of our blade hardware, but HP has a
mezzanine ethernet card that adds 4 NICs.  With the 2 onboard the blade
itself, that brings it up to 6.  In our particular case, that matches up
nicely (no accident) with the number of integrated switches you can put
in the chassis.  What we have in our chassis are 6 x ethernet switch and
2 x fibre channel switch, coordinating with 2 x onboard ethernet + 4 x
mezzanine ethernet and 2 x mezzanine HBA.