From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:44 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Filter Vista security log to show only audit failures?

Hey all,

  Windows Vista.  Event Viewer.  The security audit log (Windows Logs
-> Security).  I want to filter so that only "Audit Failure" events
are shown.

  I can click "Filter current log" in the "Actions" bar on the right.
I get options to include/exclude "Event level" checkboxes.  I see
"Critical", "Error", "Warning", "Information", and "Verbose", but not
"Audit Failure" or "Audit Success".  I find that if "Information" is
included, I see everything; if excluded, I see nothing.

  What am I missing?

-- Ben