It will do that but you can shut off the DHCP server once you finish all
your configurations. As Carl mentioned though, it will definitely be happier
if it's the DHCP server. Allowing it to do that (if possible) will reduce
some issues down the road, including DNS. But you can still let your router
or whatever be the DHCP server instead.
I've got several clients running it; some are using its DHCP and some are
not.
While the new wizard-based setup stuff works pretty well for a small
business with no other infrastructure, learning how to work with it and
around it when necessary (like when you have other servers) takes some
learning. It can often be best to set it up in an isolated network that has
internet access, then move it to your production location. You need to rerun
some wizards but they handle the change gracefully.

Charlie Kaiser
charl...@golden-eagle.org
Kingman, AZ