This is something of a minor issue, but it is starting to drive me crazy
and my google-fu must be weak.  I had been using Active Directory Users
and Computers (ADUC) for like 7 years without seeing this issue, which
started a few months ago.  If I drill down to a Contact object in ADUC
and double click on it, it will behave like a container--it will
"expand", the header will show me the contact name and indicate it has
"0 objects".  If I right-click on the contact and choose Properties, it
will properly open up to the properties (which is what I expect when I
double click on it).  This only happens with Contacts.  If I double
click a user, computer, or group, they open up to properties as I have
been accustomed.

FWIW, I have the Exchange 2003 version of ADUC installed.  I have
re-installed it with no change.  Any help appreciated!
Bill Mayo