From: Computerworld First Look
[mailto:computerworld_newslett...@cwonline.computerworld.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 7:26 AM
To: John Cook
Subject: Palm confirms that iTunes update kills Pre sync; Review: 3 personal HD
video cameras offer high def at low cost

           Computerworld First Look
               July 16, 2009

***************SPONSOR**************************************

FREE guide to saving up to 95% on network hardware costs. Start saving today!

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/203289/0/

In this issue:

  1. Palm confirms that iTunes update kills Pre sync
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/204362/0/

  2. Review: 3 personal HD video cameras offer high def at low cost
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/204363/0/

  3. Surviving Layoffs: Five Lessons from the Trenches
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/204364/0/

  4. Satellite vendor charged with conspiracy to hack Dish Network
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/204365/0/

  5. Obama administration defends Bush wiretapping
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/204366/0/

  6. CEOs underestimate security risks, survey finds
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/204367/0/

  7. Facebook crashes through another milestone -- 250M users
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/204368/0/

  8. Dell eyes smartphone market by asking carriers what they want
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/204369/0/

  9. Cummins eyes IT spend down to individuals
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/204370/0/

  10. IT Blogwatch: Stupid users respond to spam? Survey said... (ding) 12%
  http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/204371/0/

OTHER RESOURCES
_______________

CIO's Guide to Fixed Mobile Convergence
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/198963/0/

Understand the benefits of two factor authentication and the best ways to
implement it.
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/203306/0/

Got Bad Data? Use this resource now!
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/204372/0/

_______________

***************SPONSOR**************************************

FREE guide to saving up to 95% on network hardware costs. Start saving today!

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/203307/0/

$81,500

That was the average total compensation for the respondents of our 2008 Salary
Survey. How does that compare with what you're making this year? Take
Computerworld's 2009 Salary Survey and let us know:
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/194347/0/

You could win one of 10 new 4GB, 1,000-song iPod shuffles and iHome iHM77 stereo
mini speaker sets!

SHARK BAIT OF THE DAY
_____________________

Mute Button

We were deploying a new VoIP system, and, as the IT Manager, I was keeping close
tabs on the support calls. Imagine my surprise when I read the ticket from a
user asking why the Mute button only worked when you were on a call. ...

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/203942/0/

NEW COMPUTERWORLD JOB BOARD
______________________________

Search multiple listings now and get new job alerts as they are posted.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/156832/0/

COMPUTERWORLD ON TWITTER
________________________

Are you a Twit?  So are we!  Follow the Computerworld editors at Twitter to hear
what's coming, what's breaking, what's hot, what's not. Plus: Talk back to us
via @computerworld
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/126780/0/

***************SPONSOR**************************************

Reduce Energy Costs by 92%

Can an investment in new servers really save money? Yes, in fact their increased
performance, lower energy costs and ability to optimize virtualization can
reduce annual energy costs by 92% and provide payback in as little as 3 months.
Learn the reasons to consider a server refresh.

http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/204373/0/

FEEDBACK
--------
To submit feedback about Computerworld's e-mails, contact our
online customer service group at onl...@computerworld.com.
Please include your subscriber e-mail address in all
correspondence: john.c...@pfsf.org

ADVERTISING
-----------
For information on advertising, contact
sean_wegl...@computerworld.com.

PRIVACY POLICY

If the above URL is not enabled as a link, please copy it in to your
browser window to access our Subscription Page.

Did you know Computerworld has 46 other e-mail newsletters that may be
of use to you?  go to the following URL to find out more...
http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/5548099/404853/72511/0/

Copyright 2009
Computerworld Inc.
492 Old Connecticut Path
Framingham MA 01701

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information transmitted, or contained or
attached to or with this Notice is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain Protected Health Information (PHI),
confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission,
dissemination, or other use of, and taking any action in reliance upon this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient without
the express written consent of the sender are prohibited. This information may
be protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
(HIPAA), and other Federal and Florida laws. Improper or unauthorized use or
disclosure of this information could result in civil and/or criminal penalties.
 Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really
need to.